Admission to the Master of Accountancy Program is open to qualified graduates of recognized colleges and universities.
In addition to a submitting an application online, the major requirements for admission are:
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- An official transcript of all previous academic work
- Satisfactory test scores on the GMAT or GRE
- An overall grade point average of at least 3.0 on applicant's previous work beyond high school
- Completion of a Principles of Financial Accounting course with a grade of B or better
- At least three evaluations from persons familiar with the applicant's academic or professional qualifications
- An essay describing the applicant's experience and objective in undertaking graduate study
Intermediate Financial Accounting 1 and 2 are not required for admission to the program, but must be completed with a grade of B or better in both courses before students may advance to graduate level accounting course work. Full-time students who need these courses are strongly encouraged to apply for summer admission to complete the courses in two accelerated 5 week sessions. Doing so will allow full-time students to begin graduate accounting classes in the fall semester and complete the program in one year. Note that a Principles of Financial Accounting course must be completed before beginning Intermediate Financial Accounting 1.
For International Applicants
In addition to all of the requirements listed above, students must submit:
- An official score from one of three English proficiency tests. For the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), the minimum score is 83 (ibt). For the IELTS (International English Language Testing System), the minimum overall band score is 6.5.
International applicants who are planning to be full-time students must apply for Summer I admission. The Intermediate 1 and 2 Accounting classes must be completed at UNC Charlotte.
International applicants should refer to the International Admissions website for deadlines and additional admissions information.
To apply online, visit the Graduate School website.